Over the past 2 years we at NetXperts Inc. have worked with the staff at Napa State Hospital, designing, testing and implementing a new staff safety system.
The project consisted of:
• An incredible entrepreneurial team from the State of California.
o Led by Department of State Hospitals CIO, Jamie Mangrum.
• A combination of several hot technologies in a manner unseen, until now.
o Wireless RFID
o Real Time Location Services
o Staff Duress alerting
o Monitoring services
o Strobe light siren notification
o Strategically placed message signs
o Individualized staff messaging
• Technology Partnerships
o Control Engineering
o Schneider Electric
• Full infrastructure installation and deployment
o 65 miles of Cat5e
o 120 switches
o 1500 indoor wireless access points
o 85 outdoor access points
o 5 wireless controllers
o 10 servers
o Core network upgrade
• Full indoor and outdoor coverage
o 600 acres
o 1.5 million sq. ft.
o 2500 strobes and sirens
o 125 message signs
o 3000 zone coverage
• Increased alerting and response capabilities for all 2300 staff members and 120 police officers